Friday 1 July 2016

WHY IN THE WORLD DID JESUS COME?

We understand through the Scriptures that Jesus Christ walked this earth in bible days.  Not many people know why He came. He came for a specific reason. The understanding of His purpose is still unclear to many Christians, the world has no idea why he came.

Why did Jesus come?

Someone might say ''He came to save us.'' The question then will be ''from what?"
Some school of thought believe that ''He came to die for us.'' But that was a means to an end. His death was a process to achieve his purpose.
Another school of thought believe that ''Jesus came for us to go to heaven.'' That was a result of the purpose of His coming.

In order to do justice to this question, let's ponder on these words of Jesus Christ in these two scriptures because He stated clearly His purpose of coming.
John 14:6 ''Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.''
John 10:10 ''The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.''

Notice in the first scripture that He used the definite article ''The'', He didn't say ''I am a way, a truth and a Life. That means that He is the only way, the only truth and the only life. Apart from Jesus, any other source is but a shadow.

What does it mean to have Life to the full? The Life He was refering to in the above scripture is His Life, the God kind of life (eternal life), the everlasting life. Jesus came to this world so that we might have His life in full- in its entirety, in its completeness, nothing lacking. Glory to God. That was what He meant when He said '' Verily, verily I say unto you, he that believeth on me hath everlasting life'' John 6:47. The moment you declared Jesus Christ Lord over your life, eternal life (everlasting life) was imparted to to your spirit.

John 5:26 ''For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;''
1 John 5:11-12 ''And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.''

Our Lord Jesus Christ brought the God kind of life to us, in the same measure which is immeasurable. Glory to God! He didn't come to start a religion, No. Christianity is more than a religion. It is the pulsating life of God dwelling in an individual.

The question now should be, have everyone received the life Jesus brought to us? When you confess Jesus Christ Lord over your life, you receive this life.
Romans 10:9 ''That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.''

If you've not received this life, here is a golden opportunity. Don't postpone it till tomorrow. Say this prayer now:

''Oh Lord God, I come to you in the name of Jesus Christ. Your word says whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit. I declare that I am saved. I am born again, I am a child of God. I now have Christ dwelling in me. I am a New Creation. Hallelujah!''

Welcome to God's family. Please endeavour to start attending a living Church close to you and make God's word the standard of your life.

Stay tuned for more topics. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment