Friday 20 January 2017

SELF-SUFFICIENT IN GOD'S SUFFICIENCY.


Philipians 4:13 Amp. ''I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].''

Our opening scripture was written by Apostle Paul to the Philippians. The King James version renders it: ''I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me'' (Philippians 4:13 KJV.) Apostle Paul had a revelation knowledge of God. He had so much experienced the eternal power of God at work in his life, no wonder he had the audacity to say these words.

The Amplified bible expansiates on this subject: ''I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me.'' He was trying to communicate here that he had no impossibilities in his life anymore. Why? In all his endeavour, Christ infuses him with power. This power not only strengthens him for any task but also makes him successful in executing the task. He was self-sufficient in Christ's Sufficiency.

Think about it, think on how glorious his life was with this consciousness; knowing that God was always there, infusing him with strength, thereby making him victorious all the time. This takes the stress out of life.

 Apostle Paul went further to explain God's sufficiency in 2nd Corinthians 12: 9 -10 Amp:

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and [b]show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may [c]pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me!
So for the sake of Christ, I am well pleased and take pleasure in infirmities, insults, hardships, persecutions, perplexities and distresses; for when I am weak [[d]in human strength], then am I [truly] strong (able, powerful [e]in divine strength).

Hallelujah! Can this get any better? God's grace, strength and power in its infiniteness, is ever available to him anytime, any day. When he was weak, God's divine power takes over; he was plugged into God's divine energy. No wonder his life was an endless stream of the miraculous. Having this consciousness, how can one ever be sick? How can one ever fail in life? Failure in life is now a choice. Glory to God!

You too can experience this divine grace, strength and power in all endeavours of your life, just as Apostle Paul did. All you need do is accept these truth in your life and walk in the light of it. The book of James 1: 22-25 Amp:

But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth]. For if anyone only listens to the Word without obeying it and being a doer of it, he is like a man who looks carefully at his [own] natural face in a mirror; For he thoughtfully observes himself, and then goes off and promptly forgets what he was like. But he who looks carefully into the faultless law, the [law] of liberty, and is faithful to it and perseveres in looking into it, being not a heedless listener who forgets but an active doer [who obeys], he shall be blessed in his doing (his life of obedience). 

You must believe you are self-sufficient in God's sufficiency, meditate on it, confess it everyday of your life and walk in the consciousness of it; then watch your life glide effortlessly and successfully always.

God bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment